In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website.
1. Name and contact details of the person responsible for processing and the company's data protection officer This website is operated by NOVOPRESS GmbH Pressen und Presswerkzeuge & Co. KG, Scharnhorststraße 1, 41460 Neuss, as data controller. You can contact us and our company’s data protection officer at +49-2131-288-0 as well as email@example.com.
2. General information on data processing
2.1. Scope of application of personal data processing As a matter of principle, we only process the personal data of our users to the extent that this is necessary for the provision of a functional website and our contents and services. Furthermore, the processing of personal data of our users is carried out regularly only with the consent of the user. An exception applies in cases where the processing of the data is permitted by law.
2.2. Lawful basis for processing personal data In so far as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing personal data, Art. 6 (1) lit. a of EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as lawful basis.
When processing personal data, which is necessary for the performance of a contract, Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR serves as lawful basis. The same applies to processing operations necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
In so far as processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation, Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR serves as lawful basis.
If processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person, Art. 6 (1) lit. d GDPR serves as lawful basis.
If processing is necessary to preserve one of our legitimate interests or of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR serves as lawful basis for processing.
2.3 Data deletion and storage duration The personal data of the data subject shall be erased or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage ceases to apply. Storage may also be carried out, if required by European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other rules to which the controller is subject. The data shall be blocked or deleted even if a storage period prescribed by the said standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion of a contract or a contract performance.
3. Visiting the website When you visit our website, the browser used on your device stores information automatically on our server. The following data is collected and stored, without any action on your part, until the time of automatic deletion:
The visitor's IP address
The date and time of the request
Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Type of request
Returned file size
User agent, which can include the following information:
Visitor’s operating system
Visitor’s computer architecture
The above-mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
Evaluation of system security and stability, as well as
for further administrative purposes.
The lawful basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is apparent from the data collection purposes listed above.
The data shall be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of their collection. In case of data collection for the provision of the website, this is the case when session has ended.
4. Partner area On our website we offer our service partners the possibility to download content and services through a partner login. This area is reserved exclusively for service partners.
The partners have the opportunity to register for the partner area, in which we provide additional content and services that are only available to registered partners. Access to the partner area requires a password-protected user account. Only the following personal data is collected and stored to create the user account: user name and password.
When registering and using the partner area, personal data is collected, processed and used only to the extent that is technically and objectively necessary.
The lawful basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR.
The data shall be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of their collection. This is the case of data collected during the registration process when the registration on our website is cancelled or modified, provided that there is no longer a need to store personal data in order to fulfil contractual or legal obligations.
As a user, you have the option to cancel the registration at any time. You can change the data you saved at any time. If the service partners wish to delete the partner account, you can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Contact form and contact per email On our website there is a contact form that can be used to contact us electronically. If a user makes use of this option, the data entered in the input mask and his consent will be transmitted to us and saved. This concerns the following data: Company, name, address, contact and communication data (telephone, fax, e-mail). The processing of personal data from the input screen is solely for the purpose of processing the contact.
Alternatively, contact can be made via the e-mail addresses provided. In this case, the user's personal data transmitted with the e-mail are saved. In case of contact per email, this is also a necessary legitimate interest in processing data.
The data shall be used exclusively for the processing of the conversation, provided that they are not expressly transmitted for other purposes by the person submitting them. Lawful basis for processing the data is the user's given consent - Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR. The lawful basis for processing data transmitted in the course of sending an email is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. If the e-mail contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional lawful basis for processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR.
The data shall be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of their collection. For personal data from the input screen of the contact form and those that were sent by email, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user has ended. The conversation ends when it can be concluded from the circumstances that the situation in question is finally resolved.
The user can revoke his consent to the processing of personal data at any time. In such a case, the conversation cannot be continued.
6. Cookies Cookies are text files created automatically by your browser that are saved on your device when you visit our website. The information stored in the cookie is related to the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
The lawful basis for processing personal data using technically necessary cookies is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. The lawful basis for the processing personal data using cookies for analysis purposes is Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR.
Please note that most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer, or that a notice always appears before new cookies are created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may result in you not being able to use all the features of our website.
7. Integration of Google Maps (1) We use Google Maps on this website. This enables us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to conveniently use the map function.
(2) By activating the map on the Directions website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. In addition, the data referred to in (3) of this policy shall be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in, or if there is no user account. If you are logged in with Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish your profile to be assigned to Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or customised design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out (even for users who are not logged in) in particular for the purpose of providing advertising on demand and for informing other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, but you must contact Google to exercise it.
8. Use of YouTube LLC plug-ins On our website we use plug-ins from the video portal service YouTube, which is operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA ("YouTube"). The plug-ins are marked with a YouTube logo.
When you access a website which integrates a plug-in from YouTube LLC, data is exchanged with the YouTube, LLC servers. Data is exchanged with the YouTube LLC servers before the video is clicked. Information about the visited page of our website will be passed on. If you are logged in with your YouTube account, YouTube LLC can access the YouTube plug-in page to collect statistics about your surfing behaviour and assign them to your YouTube account. If you log out of your YouTube account before accessing the site, these data will not be recorded.
Our website uses the Friendly Captcha service (www.friendlycaptcha.com). This service is provided by Friendly Captcha GmbH, Am Anger 3-5, 82237 Wörthsee, Germany.
Friendly Captcha is a new, privacy-friendly protection solution to make it more difficult for automated programs and scripts (so-called "bots") to use our website. For this purpose, we have integrated program code from Friendly Captcha into our website (e.g. for contact forms), so that the visitor's end device can establish a connection to Friendly Captcha's servers in order to receive a calculation task from Friendly Captcha. The visitor's end device will then solve the calculation task, which will use certain system resources, and will then send the result to our web server. The server will then contact the Friendly Captcha server via an interface and receive a response indicating if the end device correctly solved the puzzle. Depending on the result, we can apply security rules to requests through our website and thereby, for example, process or reject them. The data shall be used exclusively for protection against spam and the bots described above. Friendly Captcha does not store or read cookies on the visitor's end device. IP addresses will only be stored in “hashed” (one-way encrypted) form, which will not allow us or Friendly Captcha to draw any conclusions about an individual person. If personal data is collected, it will be deleted after 30 days at the latest.
The legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interests in protecting our website against abusive access by bots, i.e. spam protection and protection against attacks (e.g. mass requests), Art. 6 (1) lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation (or DSGVO). Further information related to data protection when using Friendly Captcha can be found at https://friendlycaptcha.com/legal/privacy-end-users/.
10. No data sharing Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only share your personal data with third parties if:
You have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR,
Sharing according to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding vested interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
where there is a legal obligation to share, according to Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR, as well as
when is it lawful and required for the processing of contractual relationships with you, according to Art. 6 (1) lit. b
11. The rights concerned You have the right:
to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can obtain information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, unless it was collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information about its details;
to request the rectification without undue delay of inaccurate personal data stored by us, in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR.
to request erasure of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless processing is required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
to request restriction of processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, provided that the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse their erasure and we no longer need the data, but you need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
to obtain your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or to request the transfer to another controller, in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR and
to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our office.
12. Right to object and right to withdraw the data protection declarations of consent If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit.f GDPR, you have the right, according to Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data where there are reasons for doing so which arise from your particular situation.
You also have the right to withdraw your data protection consent at any time. Revocation of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
If you would like to exercise your right of objection and/or right of withdrawal, please send an email to: email@example.com.
13. Data security We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
14. Updated status and amendment of this data protection policy This data protection policy is currently in force and as revised in December 2021.